This was located in the Rosedale Valley Ravine, between Mount Pleasant Road and Sherbourne Street, on the south side of Castle Frank Brook. It was roughly 100 feet long by 60 feet wide and constructed in 1830 of red brick. The creek was dammed for water power and in the spring the pond so created stretched back almost to Yonge Street. This pond was much enjoyed in the summer for swimming and rafting and in the winter for skating. The road down to the brewery was also an excellent sledding track. In 1843 the brewery was bought by Mr. John Rose and renamed the Castle Frank Brewery. It was in operation until 1864 and demolished in 1875.